Monday, July 24, 2006

Birds


So, every morning, at about 6 birds start chirping away outside my window, and it bothers the crap out of me... as you might imagine. So, I bought this fake plastic owl to try to scare them away, and I attached it to the banister of my porch of my apartment. Well, apparently this is a huge no no here, as the apt. manager came by and told me that I had to take it down. I guess you're not supposed to have anything attached to the banister. So I went to lowes and bought this wood and created a little perch for it to sit on. Hope they (the sticklers at the front office) can live with this.... well see.... As for if it actually keeps the birds away.... I haven't been woken up by them yet, but only time will tell for sure.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Does it work? I hate birds, and they always seem to flock to my balcony and chirp me awake every friggin morning. I thought of buying one of those owls, but didn't know if it would work.

Matt said...

Well... I haven't been woken up early since I put it up. The only catch to that is, it's been cloudy every morning this week, and they (the birds) don't seem to go crazy chirping when it's cloudy. I have noticed that during the day I can still hear them, but they aren't as loud as they seem to be in the morning. I would say give it a try. It was only like $10 at lowes. What have you got to lose?